Sign up for our Morning Briefing email newsletter Get weekday updates from The Weather Channel and our meteorologists.
Another low-pressure system could slow down your plans to return home after Thanksgiving if you're one of the 55 million people traveling for the holiday.
Major weather events:
- Rain and some thunderstorms will occur in the Southeast on Sunday.
- Light snow will spread from northern Missouri to the Great Lakes region on Sunday.
- Rain is expected overnight Sunday and Sunday in the Northeast, and snow is likely in the interior of the Northeast later Sunday into Monday.
- The West Coast is expected to remain dry through the weekend.
(192 Hours: Boost your forecast with a detailed hour-by-hour breakdown for the next 8 days – only available on our website Premium Pro experience)
More at Weather.COM
– More than 55 million Americans travel for Thanksgiving
– Turkey prices are down, but other Thanksgiving foods cost more
– Top tips for flying with your pet on vacation
– Best places to travel on Thanksgiving weekend
– Climate-Friendly Thanksgiving Tips
The Weather Company's primary journalistic mission is to report on breaking weather news, the environment, and the importance of science in our lives. This story does not necessarily represent the position of our parent company, IBM.